One of Denmark's leading ports for wind turbine projects
Construction of the Anholt offshore wind farm earned national and international recognition for the Port of Grenaa as a thoroughly professional wind turbine port. That makes us one of Denmark's leading industrial ports for wind turbine projects, with extensive know-how as a base and service centre.
Hesselø Offshore Wind Farm
Become a part of a strong, effective, and competent wind environment.
An industrial and commercial port with room for everything
The port's layout is perfect for storing and preparing wind turbines. A large pre-assembly area with direct access to the quay streamlines logistics and cuts time involved in a project. The entire pre-assembly area is fully drained, with power, water and computer networks connected. Additional power supplies can be provided, including from sustainable sources. Reinforced concrete quay areas with high load-bearing capacity. We have space available within the port's secure area for long-term storage of wind projects.
Excellent docking facilities, with good road access
- Sufficient water depth - up to 11 metres
- Dedicated jack-up area for installation ships with reinforced seabed
- Separate docking facilities for crew boats on request
- Good infrastructure to the port with north and south bypass roads
- Light and heavy traffic can be separated in a project area
- Lies within ISPS zone with permanent fencing and video surveillance
- Mobile fencing available for hire to provide security for the pre-assembly area.
Professional supply chain
- 24/7 operation possible
- No requirement for gang size
- Broad selection of dedicated and skilled businesses within the wind industry supply chain
- Highly qualified workforce.